Key elements in a natural skin care diet, essential fatty acids like omega-3s and omega-6s are the building blocks of healthy membranes which help produce the skin's natural oil barrier. This is critical in keeping skin hydrated, plumper, and younger looking.
RSC incorporates numerous fatty acid oils that are used for their healing properties which are the base of why our products are so effective. Not every oil is infused in each product as they are matched to the needs of the solution.
FATTY ACID OILS INCLUDE:
• Hemp Seed, Neem Seed, Karanja, Tamanu
These are refined and unrefined base oils that deliver emollients to the skin that are similar to the natural oils skin produces. Many are extremely effective in moisturizing the skin, however, others are dryer and deliver the fatty acid oils, herbal teas, and extracts deeper. All are naturally refined or pressed and present in almost all products.
EMOLLIENT & CARRIER OILS INCLUDE:
• Apricot, Virgin Olive, Coconut, Palm Kernel, Avocado, Meadowfoam, Camolina & more.
Essential Oils are the extracted essence and scent from herbs, leaves, and other organic compounds. RSC uses essential oils in some products to mitigate the herbal smell and act as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents.
ESSENTIAL OILS INCLUDE:
• Orange, Tangerine, Sandlewood, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Camphor, Tuberose, Willowbark .
Emulsifiers help liquids and oils combine to create the creme and lotion type products.
RSC only uses plant base emulsifiers and binders.
EMULSIFIERS & BINDERS INCLUDE:
• ENF, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Stearyl Alcohol, Xanthum Gum, Guar Gum, Agar Agar - in addition to emulsifier enhancers such as Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid and Salicylic Acid.
Butters are used for their deep emollient and protective properties. Naturally pressed to deliver a wide range of nutrients such as, dry skin issues and redness.
• Mango, Kokum, Cocoa, Shea
• Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Phynoxyethenal
RSC uses naturally mined and cosmetic grade oxides.
• Yellow, Red, Black, Blue, Titanium White
RSC only uses two natural non-nano SPF oxides.
SPF INGREDIENTS INCLUDE:
• Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide
Proprietary herb blends are steeped in distilled water and then let to sit for a minimum of 30 days to create a tea base that is used along with aloe, then infused in the products. A similar method is used with carrier oils. The specks in our products are attributed the herbs infused directly into the products. RSC considers this an important part of the nutritious base of the products.
RSC soaps are made by using carrier oils and a blend of Potassium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide.
Clays are used for their exfoliating properties and their ability to draw impurities from the skin. These are incorporated into the clay masks and exfoliaters.
• GREEN, RED MORACCAN, BENTONITE, VOLCANIC PUMICE.